Purpose of the role:
Hargreaves Power Services are looking to recruit a Project Engineer who shall be responsible for the management and co-ordination of all site activities and contract administration in the West & East Regions of CLPs Distribution Overhead Line network in Kowloon and the New Territories of Hong Kong. Salary will depend on experience and authorizations held.
- Arrange permit application for new projects.
- Carry out site survey / work co-ordination with CLP Responsible Engineers (RE)
- Carry out site work arrangement and special site work risk assessment with subcontractors.
- Monitor / ensure timely submission of work quotation to CLP RE’s for PO issuing.
- Check PO issued by CLP & assign HPS PO to relevant subcontractor
Work in Progress
- Arrange underground services detection for pole/stay erection.
- Check correctness of CDR submission to CLP.
- Monitor/ensure subcontractors site work progress to meet CLP RE agreed target date.
- Undertake site audits to ensure correct working practices and safety measures are being applied at site
- Monitor/check subcontractor timely update of work progress in PMS.
- 24 hours on call to receive CLP ESE emergency repair work request.
- Arrange / ensure site team arrive at site within 2 hours to carry out emergency repair works.
- Submit information to CLP ESE to issue covering PO for the emergency repair work.
Completion of Site Works
- Monitor /check timely update site work completed in PMS.
- Collect / Submit measurement sheets to REs for signature.
- Check & sign measurement sheet before submission to CLP for checking/signature.
- Monitor /ensure subcontractors timely prepare HOR.
- Collect /check/sign HORs for submission to CLP QS.
- Submit & Co-ordinate with CLP QS to agree/confirm correctness of HORs in quantity and quality.
- Carry out site inspection and prepare safety inspection report.
- Prepare method statements and safety working procedures for OHL works.
- Arrange & join CLP Team Leaders Management Walks for Site Safety Inspection
- Support the development of technical and commercial responses to client tenders
- Work closely with CLP to understand any other areas that Hargreaves can support them in
- Support the implementation and roll out of new HPS systems and apps acting as a liaison with the subcontractors
- Identify opportunities to strengthen the team
- Ensure the continued professional development of our in-house team
- Understand internal processes and who is responsible for what to try and identify how these processes can be streamlined
- Ensure workload is distributed evenly across the team to ensure the team have a good work life balance
- Recognised university degree in the relevant discipline and/or corporate membership of a major engineering institute, or lower academic qualification with over 5 years’ experience in Overhead Line (OHL) projects.
- At least three years’ relevant experience in OHL project management;
- Ability to communicate technical concepts in English and Chinese, verbally and written;
- Familiar with Overhead Line Contract details and CLP’s engineering standards, CLP’s Requirements, Code of Practice, safety requirement, etc; is desirable
- A Competent Person (CP) under CLP Power Safety Rule.
- Holder of Valid green card and Construction Workers Registration Card
- Valid Hong Kong driving licence
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Shall be capable of working under pressure whilst maintaining the ability to plan & coordinate
- Highly motivated; eager to contribute to an effective team operation
- Should have an innovative mindset and always seeking opportunities for improving existing methods
- Reliable and responsible, shows attention to detail.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Must work at all times in the best interest of the COMPANY and CLIENT.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers and subcontractors.
- Must be fluent in verbal and written Cantonese and English
- Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions
- Ability to deal with different types of people and speak with tact and diplomacy
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical staff in a multi-cultural environment.
- Able to work independently.
Apply for this position
Alternatively, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org