Purpose of the role:
A lineman is responsible for the installation, repair and maintenance of overhead and underground electrical power lines and auxiliary equipment. This includes work from power plants to the meters of customers’ homes. Additionally, a lineman digs trenches for the installation of underground lines, install meters, climb poles to repair overhead lines and inspect power lines for possible repair or replacement.
- Assist with the build and check of the overhead line (LV & 11 KV) and its associated equipment. (Up to 400KV)
- Patrol and report any finding surrounding the tower and poles.
- Claim to replace any defect and reconnect the power lines.
- Assist with ground workers and work with the standards.
- Ensure all tools and facilities are in good condition.
- Assist and train other staff and workers.
- Execute the task assigned by the supervisor and promote the safety culture and policy.
- Drive the company proved vehicle.
- Emergency call and shift duty may be need.
- May work under adverse weather condition.
- Completion of junior secondary school (i.e. Form 3)
- Minimum of 4 years of overhead line experience.
- Physical capable for heavy physical duties.
- Able to perform requirement analysis
- Good understanding of the operation and maintenance practices and processes in the overhead field, and conversant with the basic engineering principles behind the various processes of electrical power transmission and distribution.
- Previous exposure in safety, health and environmental requirements pertaining to maintenance and project works in the generation industry is advantageous.
- Good command of spoken Chinese, and capable to read and write basic Chinese
- Have a valid driving license
- Capable to work independently.
- Shall be capable of working under pressure whilst maintaining the ability to plan & coordinate
- Highly motivated; eager to contribute to an effective team operation
- Reliable and responsible, shows attention to detail.
- Must work at all times in the best interest of the COMPANY and CLIENT.
- Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions
- Able to work independently.
Apply for this position
Alternatively, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org