What we offer?
- Monthly employment contract with competitive salary
- 14 days annual leave
- Medical insurance
- Eligibility for an annual bonus equivalent to one month’s salary
About the programme:
Hargreaves Power Services Trainee Linesman Development Programme is an excellent platform for those interested in a career in the Overhead Line industry. It will provide hands-on experience through a mixture of training programmes and secondments with work teams where Trainees will be mentored by experienced Linesman.
We will develop your technical and leadership skills to help you reach your full potential and as your programme progresses you will have increased responsibility; working with experts who will share their knowledge, provide support and give invaluable feedback so you never stop learning.
What the programme will offer:
- When you join us as a Trainee Linesman, you will immediately join our Line Patrol team where you will conduct inspections on CLPs Distribution Overhead Line network
- You will gain a basic understanding of Electrical theory and become familiar with the components of an Overhead Line and be able to identify defects
- You will receive training on basic safety and an induction to electrical engineering
- As you gain more knowledge and experience of conducting Line Patrols and become familiar with the safety requirements, you will gradually be given more responsibility so you are capable of leading a line patrol team
- Once you have gained sufficient experience in leading a line patrol team, you will take part in an 8-day Basic Overhead Line Training course which is a mixture of practical and theoretical training followed by an assessment.
- Following the Basic Overhead Line Training course you will join one of Overhead Line site teams where you will be able to put into practice what you learnt in the Basic Overhead Line Training course and gain more on-hand experience and learn from our experienced Linesman.
- You will then attend an 8-day Advanced Overhead Line Training course which is a mixture of practical and theoretical training followed by an assessment
- After the Advanced Overhead Line Training course you will join up with our Overhead Line site teams where you will continue to apply what you learnt in the training courses.
- Once you have obtained the relevant experience you will then be put forward for the E311 Overhead Linesman training course to become a qualified Overhead Linesman
Who we are looking for:
- Hard work ethic and a willingness to work outdoors in all conditions
- The role can be physically demanding, so a basic level of fitness is required
- Be comfortable with working at height
- Willingness to carry out emergency work at short notice
- Reliability and punctuality
- Maintain a smart standard of personal presentation at all times and wear clean and presentable branded Company workwear.
- Excellent organisation and problem-solving skills
- Responsibility – a sensible attitude towards health and safety
- Strong communications skills
- Must work at all times in the best interest of the COMPANY and CLIENT.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate
- Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions
- Completion of junior secondary school (i.e. Form 3)
- Holder of Valid green card and Construction Workers Registration Card is desirable
- Valid Hong Kong driving license (Class 1 and 2) is desirable
- Good command of both written and spoken Cantonese and English is desirable
- Work experience or Part time employment
Apply for this position
Alternatively, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com