To support our expansion in Malaysia we are looking to build a short list of suitably qualified candidates to work with us. The QHSSE advisor ensures the QHSSE plans are prepared and implemented. We strongly prefer candidates who have sustained experienced in multinational organisations instead of candidates who have short term experience in several construction projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- To assist Project Manager to manage and oversee QHSSE issues activities for the designated project
- To communicate with and provide supports to corporate QHSSE Department
- To monitor the implementation of QHSSE management system and ensure compliance with QHSSE regulations and corporate requirements on site
- To provide technical support, professional advice and guidance to employees and the management
- To conduct risk assessment and regular QHSSE inspections
- To assist in formulating and reviewing QHSSE standards, procedures and conduct training programs
- To investigate incidents, identify preventive measures and prepare reports of findings
- To undertake QHSSE audits and make analytical reports
- To perform other duties as assigned from time to time
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Shall be capable of working under pressure whilst maintaining the ability to plan & coordinate
- Highly motivated; eager to contribute to an effective team operation
- Reliable and responsible, shows attention to detail.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Must work at all times in the best interest of the COMPANY and CLIENT.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers and vendors.
- Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions
- Ability to deal with different types of people and speak with tact and diplomacy
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical staff in a multi-cultural environment.
- Able to work independently.
- You will be required to work outside of normal working hours depending on the project progress
- Excellent IT skills particularly in the use of excel
Education & Experience
- Registered Safety Officer
- Minimum of 4 years site safety experience preferably in power or Oil and Gas sector
- Higher certificate or above in related disciplines.
- ISO 9001 / ISO45001 internal auditor
- Ability to Conduct on site safety training, inspection and manage safety document.
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Cantonese speaker an advantage
- IOSH Member
Important document(s) and information to include with your application
- A cover letter explaining how you can contribute to the development of the safety culture in Hargreaves Industrial Services Sdn Bhd
- A CV specifying your specific role and achievements in each of your previous companies
Apply for this position
Alternatively, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org