The Safety Officer is responsible for monitoring and assessing hazardous and unsafe situations and developing measures to assure personnel safety. The Safety Officer ensures the Site Safety and Health Plan is prepared and implemented. We strongly prefer candidates who have sustained experienced in multinational organisations instead of candidates who have short term experience in several construction projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- To assist Project Manager to manage and oversee SHE issues activities for the designated project
- To communicate with and provide supports to corporate SHE Department
- To monitor the implementation of SHE management system and ensure compliance with SHE regulations and corporate requirements on site
- To provide technical support, professional advice and guidance to employees and the management
- To conduct risk assessment and regular SHE inspections
- To assist in formulating and reviewing SHE standards, procedures and conduct training programs
- To investigate incidents, identify preventive measures and prepare reports of findings
- To undertake SHE audits and make analytical reports
- To perform other duties as assigned from time to time
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Shall be capable of working under pressure whilst maintaining the ability to plan & coordinate
- Highly motivated; eager to contribute to an effective team operation
- Reliable and responsible, shows attention to detail.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Must work at all times in the best interest of the COMPANY and CLIENT.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers and vendors.
- Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions
- Ability to deal with different types of people and speak with tact and diplomacy
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical staff in a multi-cultural environment.
- Able to work independently.
- You will be required to work outside of normal working hours depending on the project progress
- Excellent IT skills particularly in the use of excel
Education & Experience
- Registered Safety Officer from Labour Department
- Minimum of 4 years site safety experience preferably in power station environment
- Higher certificate or above in related disciplines.
- Safe Working Cycle and Safety Trainer Certificate
- ISO45001 internal auditor
- Ability to Conduct on site safety training, inspection and manage safety document.
- Excellent spoken and written English and Chinese
- IOSH Member
Important document(s) and information to include with your application
- A cover letter explaining how you can contribute to the development of the safety culture in Hargreaves Industrial Services
- A CV specifying your specific role and achievements in each of your previous companies
Apply for this position
Alternatively, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com